top of page
We host a range of events, for members or for the wider public. If you're interested to speak or share an event with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming OxCAN Events
- Wed 19 Apr19WedAprTour of Peterley Manor Farm19 Apr, 10:00 – 12:30Prestwood, Peterley Ln, Prestwood, Great Missenden HP16 0HH, UKOxCAN Sustainable Food and Farming Working Group would like to invite you to join them on a tour of Peterley Manor Farm.
- Mon 24 Apr24MonAprAction Learning Set (three sessions)24 Apr, 11:00 – 12:30ZoomWould you like to join a small confidential Action Learning Set to support your critical-thinking, problem-solving, creative solutions and innovative practice?
- Fri 28 Apr28FriAprMembership Experience Focus Group (AM)28 Apr, 09:00 – 11:00ZoomJoin us to discuss points arising from the recent membership survey and share ideas for the future of OxCAN. OxCAN members only.
- Fri 28 Apr28FriAprMembership Experience Focus Group (PM)28 Apr, 15:00 – 17:00ZoomJoin us to discuss points arising from the recent membership survey and share ideas for the future of OxCAN.
- Thu 11 May11ThuMayOxCAN Conference 2023 (rescheduled)11 May, 09:30 – 16:00Thatcher Business Education Centre, Said Business School, Park End St, Oxford OX1 1HPA conference to empower and mobilise alumni and guests to make personal climate choices and take community climate action.
- Time is TBDNettlebed, Nettlebed, Henley-on-Thames RG9 5DA, UKOxCAN Sustainable Food and Farming Working Group would like to invite you to join them on a tour of Nettlebed Creamery, Henley on Thames.
- Thu 09 Feb09ThuFebThe importance of sustainable regional food in the USA09 Feb, 15:00ZoomOxCAN Sustainable Food and Farming Working Group would like to invite you to join them on this online event hosted by Kathleen Finlay, the President of Glynwood Center for Regional Food and Farming.
- Tue 07 Feb07TueFebHow we know about the past climate07 Feb, 16:00ZoomJoin speaker Jamie Anderson to learn more about climate proxies and how people in many different fields contribute to our understanding of climate over time.
- Fri 18 Nov18FriNovUnderstanding Food Chains18 Nov 2022, 09:30 – 10:30 GMTZoomJoin Emma Burnett for a discussion on the 'Complicated Food Chain'. It will get you thinking about practical approaches for tackling the complexity of food supply.
- Fri 28 Oct28FriOctA Journey to Wasteless Beauty28 Oct 2022, 13:00 – 14:00 BSTZoomHow start-ups are collaborating to drive the circular economy. Seeds of Colour and Arkive will share their collaboration story. A combination of science, creativity and nature.
- Mon 24 Oct24MonOctCreating Nature-Positive Cosmetics24 Oct 2022, 16:00 – 17:00 BSTZoomHow start-ups are collaborating to drive the circular economy with nature-positive cosmetics. Seeds of Colour and NIAB will share their collaboration story. A combination of science, creativity and nature, across different industries (agriculture and beauty).
- Thu 13 Oct13ThuOctHOT IN HERE13 Oct 2022, 20:00 BST – 14 Oct 2022, 21:20 BSTThe North Wall Arts Centre, S Parade, Summertown, Oxford OX2 7JN, UKA protest. A theatre show. An energy-generating dance party. Hot in Here celebrates action taking place around the world for climate justice.
- Thu 13 Oct13ThuOctGuided Tour of Oxford Botanic Garden13 Oct 2022, 10:00 BSTOxford Botanic Garden, Rose Ln, Oxford OX1 4AZ, UKA guided tour of the Oxford Botanic Garden led by Marc Brent, the Head of Horticulture. Celebrating 400 years of botany, horticulture, research and conservation.
- Tue 04 Oct04TueOctSustainable and natural building design04 Oct 2022, 20:00 – 21:00 BSTZoomJoin our guest speaker, Hugh Conway Morris from Manifest Design Workshop, to talk about how we can move from traditional to sustainable construction, using natural building techniques and materials with low embodied carbon.
- Tue 27 Sept27TueSeptClimate and Arts: Can the arts support work on climate change?27 Sept 2022, 20:00 – 21:00ZoomJoin our guest speakers to discuss how the arts can support work on climate change, including different regional views: Cerulean (Cerulean Sounds, UK) Ellie Monk (Green Arts Oxfordshire Network, UK) Roberto M. Saco (Life=H2O, USA) Munir Al Sachroni (Soboman 219 Art Space, Indonesia)
- 27 Jul 2022, 14:00 – 15:30 BSTZoomCome join Dr. T. Acheampong and P. Anaman, who will present their newly-published book chapter, which examines how Africa’s oil & gas industry should respond to the global energy transition and climate challenges.
- 25 Jul 2022, 14:00 – 15:00 BSTZoomThe talk will outline examples of existing community businesses that are building a more sustainable food system, and what needs to change in terms of national policy, legislation and funding for more communities to be able to take ownership of food production and supply to ensure a just transition.
- 17 Jun 2022, 12:00 – 13:00 BSTZoomProfessor Jo Patterson will talk about her experiences in achieving affordable low carbon housing including both new build and retrofit housing - involving the design and construction of an affordable energy positive new build home that has been replicated by social housing companies in Wales.
- Tue 07 Jun07TueJun[Members only] OxCAN Connect - Local Action07 Jun 2022, 19:00 – 20:00ZoomContinuing from February's great discussion, we would love to hear more stories of things your local community are doing to tackle climate change, what's working, what are the challenges and how could we support each other to do more.
- Tue 17 May17TueMaySustainable Gardening with Kate Burtonwood17 May 2022, 14:00 BSTZoomKate Burtonwood is Head Gardener at Trinity College, Oxford. She has a deep interest in sustainability and will talk about the challenges of introducing sustainable ideas in her current role, and raise some ideas of what we could be doing at home to focus on sustainable practices in gardening.
- Tue 10 May10TueMay[Members only] OxCAN Connect - Staying Inspired10 May 2022, 19:00 BSTZoomOur informal networking events, OxCAN connect are a chance to discuss a topic of your choice. This month, we pick up the conversation that started in September about how we stay inspired to do our bit.
- Tue 19 Apr19TueApr[Members only] Transport Working Group Launch19 Apr 2022, 19:00 BSTZoomJoin Jamie Anderson, who is leading our Transport Working Group, to learn about innovation and share ideas for how we can make a difference in this important area which accounts for 20-25% of global CO2 emissions.
- Mon 14 Mar14MonMarSustainable Fashion and Textiles with Deap Khambay14 Mar 2022, 11:00 GMTZoomDeap Khambay has over 10 years experience in the fashion industry including as the Head of Sustainability at 'Seasalt'
- Wed 09 Feb09WedFeb[Members only] OxCAN Connect - Local Action09 Feb 2022, 20:00 – 21:30 GMTZoomWe would love to hear your stories of things your local community are doing to tackle climate change, what's working, what are the challenges and how could we support each other to do more.
bottom of page